Saturday, September 15, 2012

WetnWild Fantasy Makers Halloween 2012

 
So I was in Shopko getting some hairball medicine for my Sal Pal the other day when I actively sought out happened upon WetnWild's new Fantasy Makers display!!  I totally missed out on last year's collection, including the fabulous Creepy Pumpkin, so I was stoked to see the new colors in those adorable little headstone bottles.
The polishes this year consist of one glow-in-the-dark, two glittery black jellies, and one black shimmer.  I picked up the jelly with red glitter and the black shimmer.



First up is Nail in the Coffin.  It's a black creme with blue, pink, and silver shimmer.  I love a good black creme and this one is festively dressed up for some spooky fun, lol.  It's honestly got one of the best formulas I've used in a black and was completely streak free in two coats.



Next up is Once Upon a Time, small red glitters and red hexagons in a black jelly base.  You've seen this before, with purple glitters (in fact, the other jelly is just that-- another Bad Romance/Facets of Fuschia/Scandalous type).  If there's one color I love more than black, it's red, so naturally I couldn't resist this.  I used it entirely on its own here, so it's nice and thick and glittery in four coats.  I think it looks cool on the nail, packed with all that glitter, but I'll wear just a coat or two over a black creme in the future. 

This collection isn't exactly unique, but it is fun and festive.  Once Upon a Time will be a fun one to play around with, and Nail in the Coffin satisfies my love of simplicity while still being festive.
Excited for Halloween yet??

Thanks for reading. ;)

**Editing to add that upon closer inspection of the black jelly with purple glitter (which I don't have) I see that it is not a Bad Romance/FoF/Scandalous dupe.  The WnW doesn't have the purple hexes.**

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's super fun. I can't wait to play with it. ;)

      Delete
  2. SO I totally snatched Creepy Pumpkin from my sister's stash. Shh! I saw this display yesterday and seriously considered getting some, but I have 3 new Butter Londons (my first ones!) on the way so I decided to control the urge. I really want this black one though now seeing your swatch. Also, I am ALWAYS excited for Halloween! It's my favorite holiday EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, go you, lol. Wear it and take some pictures before she finds out. ;) I can't WAIT to see which Butters you chose and how you like them. Nice job reining in the urge. I bought these before the Butter sale, so it was much easier to justify a larger purchase (though at bogo, it would have been criminal to not take advantage, lol).

      Delete
  3. These are super pretty!! I love them! I'm really excited for Halloween to come!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too :) I don't really dress up, but I plan on going a little uncharacteristically crazy with my nails. ;)

      Delete
  4. I just picked these up yesterday and the purple one too. So nice to be able to see what they looked like. Haven't opened my Butters yet....saving the fun for a day without nail mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got one of my new Butters on right now. I was going to wait (for what, I don't know, lol) but I had to go for it.

      Delete
  5. The red one looks like Wet n' Wild Behind Closed Doors, except with maybe more red microglitter. I like them both, but not sure if I'll run out and snatch them up. We'll see... I'll probably cave eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with Behind Closed Doors. These aren't must haves, for sure, but they are pretty fun. And the bottles are super cute, lol.

      Delete
    2. That was exactly what I though Cat! By the Behind Closed Doors is no longer available BUT they did recycle it into a Fergie polish one. I'll have to get the name when I go back to the store.

      Behind Closed Doors was a Halloween frezy that happened just before you hit the scene. They weren't tombstone but just standard Wet N' Wild Halloween releases and everyone went nuts over it. They were sold on Ebay for ridiculous prices. Think Facets of Fuschia or Whimsical (before it became standard collection). Someone swapped me an Orly Hailey's Comet for Cougar Attack - that's how insanely bad people wanted that collection. I haven't seen such a craze since it over a drugstore collection.

      Delete
    3. Candice, now that *you* mention it, I remember pulling Behind Closed Doors from your stash at the retreat last fall, and I've remembered you mentioning Cougar Attack as being highly awesome and htf. It was actually from that conversation that I learned if I see a WnW LE that looks the least bit awesome, I should not hesitate to buy it. lol. So, I have not (except for Poison Ivy from the Pick Your Poison line, which I will now be driving all over Salem to find.)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love Once Upon A Time. Those little tombstone bottles are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I don't see you wear glitters much:) Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Essie :) I still can't fully get on the glitter bandwagon, lol. It helps when they're suspended in black, for some reason. ;)

      Delete
    2. suspended in black...the "cool" way to wear glitter ;)

      Delete
  8. OMG they're both goregous! I have been on the lookout for these and haven't been able to find them yet, hopefully soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaat?? Oregon actually got something before someone else? I can hardly believe it. I hope they show up in your area soon!!

      Delete
  9. Love them! Too bad we don't have those holiday collections in the Netherlands :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? :( For some reason I figured WnW is international.

      Delete
  10. Oooh I do like Once Upon a Time! Very pretty! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once Upon a Time is my favorite from this set! It is gorgeous! I didn't really like the other two, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a little meh on the purple glitter one, but I probably would have bought all three on account of the packaging alone if I didn't already have Facets of Fuschia. ;)

      Delete
  12. Once Upon a Time is basically a re-release but I'm glad it is because I love it! It's such a cool polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool! And after reading a couple of the comments above, I realized that, too... It seems WnW likes to rerelease things. Good for folks like me who missed out the first time around, tee hee :)

      Delete
  13. I love these two together!!! and the shape of the bottles is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just picked these up at CVS! I need to go play whit them! That red looks gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...