Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low

  Morning, all!!  Remember that blogger from a couple years back who had a compilation of the worst polish names?  Anyway, Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low is my second top choice from Essie's Winter 2014 collection, and the anchor/namesake of the collection.  One of the articles I read on the subject (and I can't for the life of me remember who wrote it) stated that wearing metallics is a thing again and I was quite clueless... I get exhausted just thinking about following trends.  Anyway (again), if Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low means metallics are in again, then it's a perfect and gorgeous way to start wearing the trend (if you're into that kind of thing... and even if you're not).  Ironically, it's also one of the more festive and holiday traditional polishes of the collection.

  I've been a fan of gold nails as soon as I discovered that gold polish exists.  Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low is a champagne gold, more of a foil than a metallic, possessing all of the gleam and none of the streakiness that tend to plague true metallics.  It's basically a white gold base supersaturated with microshimmer and very finely milled buttery yellow gold flecks for added dimension.  It's one of those colors that look like precious, molten metal going on and dries to a bright, dazzling, liquid like finish.

Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low swatch and review
Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low


Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low swatch and review
Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low

Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low swatch and review
Essie Winter 2014-- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low

    Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low boasts a perfectly flowing and perfectly pigmented formula.  One coat will cover your nail beautifully.  I used two to mask imperfections.

  Bottom line?  I LOVE this polish and it further solidifies my love of this collection.  I find myself wanting to go back for a couple more.
 
  So... Were metallics/foils really not cool for a while?  Do you care?

  Thank you for reading, and have an amazing day!! ♥


38 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love a good glass fleck metallic like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this is so pretty! I'll be needing this! Great swatches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So pigmented, too... might work in a watermarble?...

      Delete
  3. Haha, that name is cringe-worthy, but I love the color on you! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rose by any other name, right? lol :) Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous silver this is! Awesome to hear formula was great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great on you. I really like polishes like this, but I always feel like they don't look that great on me :( You show them well though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet :) It's more silver than gold, more so than champagne gold, really... Might I tempt you to give it a try? ;)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty! Do you know if it's similar to OPI Designer de Better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous silver! I love this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it, doll! I'd love to see your swatches of it.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous swatches. So much depth to the polish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the added gold, makes it a little more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so good! I loving metals for accenting and I think I must pick up this shade if I find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, this would make an absolutely gorgeous accent! I hope one turns up near you ♥

      Delete
  11. I never find the new shades from Essie where I live... but I'm always intrigued by what they offer... because I don't see much but a display of about 20 or so shades. This one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always intrigue me, too... Like the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. The colors might not always be unique, but the color schemes certainly are. So Essie doesn't ship seasonal collections to HI? They should! That's just silly, lol :)

      Delete
  12. Ooh pretty! It looks very similar to A England Excalibur (new version) only more silver-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought! I should do a comparison. The new Excalibur has bigger gold bits, of that I'm certain.

      Delete
  13. This is a really pretty polish and it looks rich. But that name is pure backwoods trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it really is. One of my fb gals had a nice thought, that it was supposed to be Jingle Hi, Jingle Low. Let's think that. Much nicer.

      Delete
  14. one coat!! wow!! gorgeous silver =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is two... But yes, one will suffice, especially if you're not taking close-ups, lol ;)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...