Sunday, February 10, 2013

OPI Euro Centrale Suzi's Hungary AGAIN! + OY- Another Polish Joke

Happy Sunday!  It's been a great weekend here so far.  Yesterday I got together for coffee and Ulta with my good friend Candice at Mommy Does Her Nails and we both went home with the OPI Euro Centrale mini collection.  I was hoping one of the darker colors would have been included but two of the colors I was really curious about were.  I decided to play with the other two first thing.  This is OY- Another Polish Joke over Suzi's Hungary AGAIN!.



Suzi's Hungary AGAIN! is a warm, pretty corally pink creme that needed three coats to be opaque and was still a little patchy.  That could be on account of the mini brush because I've really heard nothing but rave reviews on these formulas. 
Either I haven't been paying much attention or no one's showed OY- Another Polish Joke over anything because I thought I was just brilliant in thinking it would make an amazing topper for the cremes in this collection, lol.  Then last night I started perusing the blogosphere for collection swatches, came across this post from Cutie-cles, and had a bit of a facepalm moment.  Until then I'd only seen it as a stand alone, lackluster and kind of boring in three coats.  But as a topcoat it is smokin' and I can't wait to try it over other colors.  THIS is why you need to pick this polish up.  It's fiery, 24-carat goodness and adds such sparkle and life to some already very pretty colors.


Real briefly... When I was younger I loved Black Hills Gold.  My parents gave me a set of earrings one year and the post on one broke, so they had it made into a necklace.  I don't have many gold or gold-toned pieces, but I think these just look gorgeous together.

In other news, C and I have been quite productive this weekend.  He put up a shelf in my closet and helped me finally get my shoe collection organized.



He thinks I have a problem but it's really not that bad, right?

Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day ♥

29 comments:

  1. I love what you did with these two. Looks great. No shoe problem but where do you keep the stash. That is what I want to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA, I should do a post on that. C got me a great little (little, lol) zebra print carrying case that I have since outgrown. It's the cutest thing and I love it. I'll do a stash post soon :)

      Delete
  2. Goodness you just convinced me haha! I don't care much for Oy Another Polish Joke on its own but it looks great layered! Must look amazing over the blues in that collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it does :) I have some similar to the Warsaw color but I might need to get Eurso Euro.

      Delete
  3. Omg I am in love with the color combination! I need both of those nail polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :) They're so worth it and just gorgeous irl :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Liesl, I am sold on this combo!!! It looks fantastic on you :-)!!!! I hope I get some time next week to stalk my Opi watering hole - still got a voucher to use ;-)!!! I love the delicacy of your necklace, so pretty. And your shoe stash is so well organized!!! I find it sizewise totally justified - mine has about the same size. I loved to ogle your Boots and Booties - these two are my favorite shoe style, I even have some summer Booties ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think you'd have fun with the gold :) And vouchers are always a good thing. I can't wait to see what you end up with! As for the shoe stash, two hours before I took those pictures I had boxes stacked all over the bedroom and shoes scattered everywhere, lol. It feels so good to finally be organized :) And summer booties? How cuuuute!! Like open toes, heels? I've thought about picking up some like that.

      Delete
  5. I love this! These are absolutely gorgeous together! It just glows!! Pretty jealous of that boot collection, too! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, thanks :) My DH thought we should have faced them forward for the photo, lol :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Awesome mani and your shoe collection looks beautiful! You really captured the beauty of these polishes perfectly in these pictures. OPI is lucky to have you taking pics of their polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want your shoooooes!

    Also, OY-Another Polish Joke looks AMAZING on this shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee hee :) I was looking at the mini box in the store and it dawned on me that this is what the gold is for, lol. It definitely elevates the pink :)

      Delete
  8. Oh man! I didn't want either of these polishes and now I want them both. This is a truly beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were the two in the mini set I was the least interested in, but yeah, they're smokin' together!

      Delete
  9. The combo you have here with those two colors is absolutely amazing! I am in awe! And your shoe collection isn't too bad - I think I see more space for some more shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you definitely see room for more shoes :) Every time I mention new shoes my DH just rolls his eyes. Funny thing, though, as we were organizing I found a pair I totally forgot I had! I probably shouldn't have told him that....

      Delete
  10. Nice combo! Oy is so pretty as a topper! I tried it over My Paprika is Hotter than Yours and I really like that combo too. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that would be totally pretty and fiery. I'm going to end up with this whole collection just so I can put this gold over it all;)

      Delete
  11. Such an amazing combo - I want to try it over all the colors now! Also (0.0) I need your shoe collection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I had such a great time hanging out and hitting Ulta with you and getting to see the fur babies <3 You are truly a phenomenal gal and friend!

      Delete
    2. I had an awesome time, too :) Was fun to get to show you one of my other things ;) I'll get that email off to you within the next couple days.

      Delete
  12. oh my gosh, this mani is PERFECTION!!!! I gotta pick up these colors asap!!!
    And that's an awesome shoe collection there!! I"m glad I don't have shoe fetish because along with makeup and nail polish I would live in a shoe box under a bridge!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I hear ya! I'm pretty good about keeping the makeup thing under control only because I wear it two or three times a month, lol. I really like not having to take anything off my face at night, lol.

      Delete
  13. OK! I LOVE This One!!!! Amazing combination!! Oh OPI!! I want this!!!

    And your shoes... Oh You have NO problems!! Lol.. Gather all THE SHOES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, and Nordstrom has some awesome shoes out for spring! I'm totally in love with nude heels right now and there are these gorgeous Steven by Steve Madden patent leather pumps that I somehow have to convince C I need, lol.

      Delete
  14. Ooh that is pretty...I have both of these, but haven't worn Suzi's Hungary Again,yet.

    Nice shoe collection and boy do you have tiny feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6-6 1/2, lol ;) SHA is a totally gorgeous pink and I need to wear mine again, myself. Let's do it! lol. ;)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...