Sunday, July 7, 2013

NYX True Taupe Eyeshadow

Last time I showed an eyeshadow on here, I mentioned that Pink Sith keeps giving me shadow lemmings.  Well, she's gone and done it again, only this time I can't find the shadow she spoke of in any store.  The one I was initially after was NYX Dune.  I ended up finding the most awesome summer taupe in its place, though.  Here's NYX True Taupe.

NYX True Taupe eyeshadow

NYX True Taupe eyeshadow

 As you can see, True Taupe is a very subtle, very natural brownish-taupe, great for summer in that it adds the slightest hint of mattified shadowing.  Brown and brown leaning shadows tend to be difficult for me to wear if they've got too much red in them, but this has just the right amount of grey to balance it out and is great with my light olive complexion.  It's pigmented enough, but great for easy days when you just want a little definition.  It's perfect with sheer and nude lipsticks and glosses and ideal with a strong red lip, too.
True Taupe is easy to blend and has minimal fallout.  I've got no complaints about this eyeshadow.

So how does it compare to my holy grail of taupe eyeshadows (and eyeshadows in general), the lovely NARS Lhasa?

NYX True Taupe and NARS Lhasa eyeshadow comparison
on the left-- NARS Lhasa; on the right-- NYX True Taupe

Well, the whole thing that drew me to the NYX in the first place was how much lighter it looked in comparison to Lhasa, and indeed, it is.  True Taupe is dark tan leaning and matte, while Lhasa's got a silvery lavender and very slightly metallic finish.  Lhasa has felt a little on the made up side for day to day wear in the summer heat, but True Taupe is beautifully light yet defining.

NYX single shadows are available at Ulta for $4.99 each.

Thanks for reading!  Have a lovely evening. ♥

14 comments:

  1. Really nice neutral brown to have! Its pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I missed this, Lisa! I need to check my spam filter more often :/ It is a great shade and I'm loving wearing it in the heat :)

      Delete
  2. I love NYX single shadows in general, so thanks for pointing out this color!! I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margo :) I've heard good things about NYX so I'm sure this won't be my last!

      Delete
  3. oooh i love taupe shadows. i have tons but can always use more. :) this one looks really pretty. i need to explore the nyx section at my ulta more. so many good things.

    fishgirl182 @ the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's nice! I'll still be scouring for Dune (another taupe, lol, clearly I can use more, too ♥), even though it looks for all intents and purposes to be discontinued... Pink Sith posted about it less than a month ago, though, so who knows. Which are your favorites?

      Delete
  4. Hi Liesl, another one of your freat posts!!! This shade looks great - I love taupe and beige and brown shades for the eye, mostly to "prepare the canvas" for colors. I don't wear them anymore myself though because my glasses are tinted (the solution to rescue me from migraines) and wearing anything brown around my eyes give me an exhausted look. Oh crap there is a typo in my first sentence - forgive me to not go back because somehow corrections don't work on Blogger and this would mean delete and retype - le sigh.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use them as layering tools only, but lately I've really been into eye simplicity and I'm loving the pretty subtlety of singles. A lot of the time, browns bring out the redness in and around my eyes but taupe seems to be a different story, entirely. Ugh, migraines, I'm sorry you have to deal with those. :( And really, no worries about the typo ♥ Since the advent of the smartphone, I've made more typos than I care to admit and I used to pride myself on perfect typing spelling and grammar. C'est la vie ;)

      Delete
  5. I love taupe eyeshadow. I have a hard time not wearing one every day! This looks pretty and I really do love NYX products. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the easiest thing in the world to wear and I've only recently found this out, lol. I guess I'm officially on the taupe bandwagon ♥ Btw I don't think I told you, I ended up getting that cherry Baby Lips and I love it!

      Delete
  6. This is pretty! I love how subtle it is!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...