Friday, September 13, 2013

Sinful Colors Fall Picks!



Hi everyone!  There are so many amazing fall collections out right now, from Butter London to Zoya to Seche Vite's first color line (which I'm kind of stoked to try) but the truth is, you needn't look any further than your local drugstore for some knock-your-socks-off beautiful fall cremes.  
Sinful Colors hasn't been one of my favorite brands, (for one thing, the name kinda bugs me... why Sinful?  What did these polishes do that's so baaaad?  lol) a lot in part because of my conceptions about inconsistent formulas.  But these three, from the fall 2013 Diva collections, have totally changed my mind.  The formulas on all three of these compete with and even beat many higher end brands.

A couple weeks ago, Mommy Does Her Nails and I were out and about chatting about life, and nail polish world and picking up a few pretties in the mean time.  Skylark wasn't one of them.  I had to go back and pick this one up because I couldn't get it out of my head and now I see why my friend's got such an affinity for peachy cremes.  This one's pale and the color of the crayon.  I almost got away with two coats on this one but in the end decided to go with three.  The formula's very slightly streaky but really quite remarkable, especially for a pastel.  It's fun to see another brand bucking tradition and doing soft and light for fall. 

Sinful Colors Skylark swatch and review

Sinful Colors Skylark swatch and review

Graine de Poivre is gorgeous (and another I had to go back for).  After I brought it home, though, I thought I had myself a dupe for OPI You Don't Know Jacques, but the latter is darker, cooler, and less red.  Graine de Poivre is a warm, almost mauve-y taupe creme, neutral and elegant as all get-out.  I used two coats.

Sinful Colors Graine de Poivre swatch and review

Sinful Colors Graine de Poivre swatch and review

Mesmerize is the color I initially picked up.  I love inky indigo blue shimmers and I was excited to find the shade in creme form.  Sinfuls do kind of confound me... I was doing some research, lool, and discovered that this one had actually been introduced last year, so apparently, it's back, and good thing.  It's rich and edgy and reminiscent of a late October sky.  I used two coats.

Sinful Colors Mesmerize swatch and review

Sinful Colors Mesmerize swatch and review

Note to self: master the art of photographing cremes in 2014.

I purchased my Sinfuls at Rite Aid but they're also available at Walgreens for $1.99 each.  Their seasonal collections seem to go quickly so if any of these appeal to you, run, don't walk, lol.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day! ♥♥

29 comments:

  1. Why don't I buy Sinful Colors???? They are cheap and I hear so many good things. These are gorgeous swatches, I don't think you need to improve on anything. I love the mauve-ey taupe creme!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet :) I seem to recall you having a bad experience with one and then destashing as a result. You totally need GdP in your life, though <3

      Delete
  2. What's left to master?? You've got it down! These ALL look fantasmic on you, but I'm with Essie...Graine de Poivre is delicious. I'm really loving the SC SinfulShine line too...I picked up another fantastic one but can't get a good pic yet on it. I need to try a regular SC polish! But that name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well bless your heart <3 I admit to being a tad tired after this one in part because I'm just not stoked on my photos lately so your encouragement is so appreciated, friend :) GdP is def my favorite of the bunch, in fact I was saaaad to take it off in favor of the dark blue and cranking this post out, lol.

      Delete
  3. I bought my first sinful colors in over a year last week - after getting a few of the leather polishes in a swap I decided I needed more. Honestly, why don't I give them more of a chance? They're pretty great polishes and these 3 are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!! And I need to try the leather ones, I just haven't seen them around here yet. Which ones did you get?? :D

      Delete
  4. I kind of like Skylark a lot. I have to go look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? :) I like the name a lot, too.

      Delete
  5. These are pretty! And personally, I don't think you need to master anything-- your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet :) Dark cremes always feel like my nemesis. I love to wear them, can't stand photographing 'em.

      Delete
  6. I have never tried Sinful Colors, but these look great! I am hoping that Target in Canada will carry these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe they're a US only company! That seems so odd to me, lol. I hope you get the line soon, too, because they're wonderful polishes! Hey, you should write to the company!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. YES!! The coverage is indeed fantastic. Thanks love :)

      Delete
  8. Great colors for fall! And you can't beat Sinful Colors' prices! :D By the way, not sure what you mean about photographing cremes... your swatches always look perfect to me. <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the one with the perfect swatches, Yun ♥ I just feel like I've been in a photog funk lately, like I'm settling on every single shot I post. :p I'll get over it, lol ♥

      Delete
  9. This is one gorgeous haul sis!!!! One polish is better than the other and I could not possibly pick a favorite but probably would have gone home with the very same selection!!! Gorgeious pics!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, sis ♥ They are all awesome colors! I'm so impressed with the fall collections this year... oh who am I kidding, I look forward all year to the fall collex ;)

      Delete
  10. I think my problem with Sinful Colors is the bottle. I don't like them! And their displays scramble my brain! Why no color coordinate your display SC?!? lol! I actually really like that blue. I don't think I have any (or at least very many, cause I'm sure I probably have *something*) quite like it.

    And BTW, Seche has 2 or 3 collections out now. Their fall collection isn't the first! But the only color I've tried so far sucked ass! But that's another story, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh seriously? Three?! Well I've obvi been paying all sorts of attention. :p I know there's that Northern Lights topper (or is that Out The Door? Perhaps i should shaddup now, lol). I totally agree, SC color coordination would be nice, they're almost as bad as Ulta's Zoya core displays. Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  11. I really love all three of these! They are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they ? :) I'm so impressed with SCs right now (and maybe a little obsessed, lol).

      Delete
  12. I have skylark and honestly it applies like it's a 10 dollar polish. So 1.99 is heck yeah worth it! I'm not really a brown person ( I have like 1 brown ) but the one you swatched matches you so nicely. I have to go on a hunt for that blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It's one of the nicest pastel polishes ever. I'm not really into brown, either, but this one has nice mauvey, dusty undertones so that makes it a-ok, lol :)

      Delete
  13. I was reluctant to try Sinful Colors because it is so cheap but now it's my favorite of the cheaper brands (even better than Sally Hansen). It dries nicely and doesn't chip as easily and quickly as other brands. I've been looking for a navy blue for the fall and it looks like I'll be going out to get Mesmerize ASAP. Right now my favorite color from them is Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'd choose SC over SH any day (unless you put the old Nail Prisms in front of me, then all bets are off :) ). SC cremes do wear remarkably.

      Delete
  14. I love SC. Been using for years and they fly off the shelves here. Taupe is Dope, is one of the best fall colors around in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...