Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Butter London Ladybird

  Hi all!!  You know I love RED, but I find it somewhat difficult to wear during the summer, as I'm drawn most to deep and dramatic, especially on nails.  When Butter London announced their exclusive NYFW shade this past February, a juicy tomato red jelly called Ladybird, I about died of excitement, though.  Butter's got a lineup of the most perfect classic reds and I was stoked about this new personality and the warm weather possibilities.  I'm not one to buy Limited Edition polishes, though, so when a dear blogger friend gifted me with Ladybird, I about died of excitement, again, lol (this is a dangerous polish).

Butter London Ladybird swatch and review
Butter London Ladybird


Butter London Ladybird swatch and review
Butter London Ladybird

  Because it's a jelly, Ladybird is a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats but those with short nails could quite easily get away with two.  Application is typical Butter London easy-peasy, it is perfectly self leveling, and dries very quickly.  The highly orange leaning tomato juiciness makes Ladybird a vibrantly, nearly neon, perfect red for summer and very different from the reds in the core collection (Pillar Box Red and Come To Bed Red).

Butter London Ladybird swatch and review
Butter London Ladybird
  The good news is that Ladybird has been making appearances in Butter London collections all summer and is currently available {HERE} as part of the limited edition Brick Lane set.

  I'm always curious about what prompts the names of Butter London's polishes and apparently, a ladybird is Britain's name for the US-known ladybug.  I can't help but think of THIS Ladybird, or maybe THIS one....

  Have a loverly day and thank you for reading ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. That is one fiery shade of red! It just pops off your nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are killing it with this color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a pretty red. I really like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This red looks perfect with your nail shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this looks fantastic on you, especially with your nail shape! :D It's funny you should say reds are harder to wear in the summer. I feel that too. I love red for the rest of the year, but there's something about red under the bright hot sun that just doesn't quite jive together for me.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. It's a little too dramatic, something... maybe it's because hot and hot, lo (she eloquently stated). This one's pretty much superb, though ♥♥

      Delete
  6. Squishy, bold, summery - simply fantastic on you sis!!! I hear you about reds in summer but your friend has chosen expertedly!! I am thinking of Picture Polish love when I see your beautiful pictures though that one might be a smidgen more blue. And I need this Bricklane Set - BL scored once more IMO - have a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reminded of the same and I share your thuoghts on the blue-ness... both wonderful summer reds, though. The idea, I think, is a jelly consistency and a certain brightness for the heat. BL totally scored again with this collection-- makes me want to pull out my British Racing Green again, too :)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...