Friday, March 16, 2012

An Attempt to Match Glitter and Some Spring Swatches

C got me some new camera gear as an early birthday present, and I thought I'd play around with it this morning.  I think I've hit upon a good lens combo, and learned the necessity of a tripod.  I wasn't going to post anything today, but I'm pretty stoked about how these photos turned out (comparatively speaking, that is..), so this is more fun than usual. :)

I'm not a big pink polish or glitter fan, but after seeing this manicure I decided I must have my own glittery pinkness.  The Dollish Polish used isn't currently available, so I tried to match the pink with a glitter in the store, and in the end I wasn't too impressed with that combo.


This is Sally Hansen Strobe Light over SH Bubblegum Pink.  The highly sugary looking pink is a little too bright for Strobe Light, but it looked kind of awesome over my paint job from yesterday.


Strobe Light over Julep Gayle.  The darker, more muted base brings out the glitter's opalescent qualities.  I was about to give Strobe Light to my 8 year old niece, but I think I'll keep it around for a while.


I'm not into art on my own nails, but if I were, I'd have to do something springy with these three.  The green is Zoya Holly, the glitter is two coats of Strobe Light on its own, and the pink is Bubblegum Pink on its own.  I've surprised myself by really liking the pink.  I thought surely it would be way too... well... bubblegum-y by itself, but it's so bright and cheerful.  


I love the Zoya.  There is nothing like a good green.  The funny thing is, I thought I did the best job on that nail, but it sure isn't photographing easily for me. lol.


It's a gorgeous day today, and we've got lots of pretty things blooming in our yard, so I think I'll go play with my new lenses outside for a while.  Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...