Saturday, June 30, 2012

Julep Kelly

Good morning and happy Caturday!  Some dudes behind me in the customer service line yesterday were speaking in what I could only assume were gaming terms, and Caturday came up, so I thought I'd google it.  Turns out it has nothing to do with gaming.  It means you get to post all manner of cute and/or funny cat pictures to an image board I've never heard of.  Maybe these dudes are way into cats, which in that case, rock on!  I shall post some cat spam at the end.  But first...
Today is Pink day and marks the last day in Bec's Rainbow Favorites challenge.  It's been a blast getting to know some new polish friends, and yes, a challenge just to get a post up every day for a week, and one I'd totally do again.  Pink is one of my favorite colors to wear, and while it's hard to call this one my favorite, I really like it and I've been looking for a good excuse to bring it out again.  Here's Julep Kelly, the very palest of pink cremes.




This is a fun color.  It's slightly discordant with my skin tone, which makes wearing it a bit of an adventure, like something haute couture might be if I ever got the chance to wear such a piece.  Neutrals lighter than skin tone, including whites, look terribly chic to me.  I used three coats, but could have done with four.  You can see it's a little patchy and streaky.  Julep's cremes aren't the most fun things in the world for me to work with.  When I first got Kelly, it was kind of all over the place, but a couple months has thickened it up and if I wanted a snowball's chance of this manicure lasting more than a couple hours (Juleps chip, like, while I sleep) I thought I'd better keep the layers as thin as possible.  I'll be cleaning the house in this beaut, so we'll see how it fares. ;)
 As promised, here's Baby Beau.  He likes to bite things.


Sally, my little girl cat who wasn't feeling well, is good as new after a round of antibiotics, and playing like she hasn't since she was an only child.  I didn't want to trouble her for a picture this morning. ;)
Thank you for reading, and have a swell weekend. :)

Oh sheesh, I almost forgot.


Now go find yourselves some more lemmings. ;)

24 comments:

  1. cool, I like that it's not in-yo-face pink! I don't do well with nudes though, I think my personality is too crazy for "quiet" colors =)) But this one looks good on you!! And when you're done cleaning your house I invite you to come clean mine! Haha j/k =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a greater like for nudes and light neutrals than most of us polish fiends, I know. I actually had kind of a difficult time with pastels, and I was excited when I received this Maven box because it was soooo outside my comfort zone. Oh, and forget it!!! lol. ;) :)

      Delete
  2. Your kitty is so cute! And I love this shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Looks so good on you, despite the streakiness. Really pretty and I definitely love the lighter neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! I love them, too. I'd wear more of them if I didn't enjoy blogging so much... lol.

      Delete
  4. So pretty! And I wuv your wittle kitty cat! SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! He's a world class snuggler, too. <3

      Delete
  5. great shade!! I love a good pink creme!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I do, too! I wish Julep's bottles weren't so tiny, because with three to four coats it's disappearing fast.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad your cat is feeling better! I always feel like I am going to spill my bottle when I use Julep's polishes. I have to say though, I REALLY love their fast-dry top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, C :) I don't mind Julep's bottle design, just the size. I haven't used their topcoat in a while. I've been sticking with Out The Door. I should use it next time I wear a Julep.

      Delete
  8. Hrmmm...after my horrid experience with the SC pink creme and this one looking iffy I'm wondering if there is such thing a solid white based pink creme that is amazing :( Looks so gorgeous and chic! So glad to hear kitty is doing a bit better <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just the nature of the beast. And thank you <3

      Delete
  9. Baby Beau!!!!!! OMG, he's lovely!!! Yeah, the Julep is, too, but when it comes to cats, sorry, I just worship them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love kitties, too, nothing to be sorry about here! Beau is such a dapper little guy. He's snuggling on- oh, not anymore! Lol.

      Delete
  10. Aww, I'm so glad SallyCat is better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a good palette cleanser. Looks good on you.

    Good to hear your cat is doing well now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzy! And yes, I just need to get her in for a follow-up, but all seems as it should be. :)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...