Good morning friends :)
I really don't know where to begin. A couple nights ago I poured myself a glass of chardonnay, sat down at my computer, and let 'er rip. I've been feeling highly insecure about LLPT, and a few things that I may or may not have been blowing out of proportion were really sticking in my craw. Combine that with my high strung and competitive nature and... well, you read it. I wasn't sure how the whole thing would be taken, and I'm so touched at the huge amount of responses I received. They run the gamut, really, and all were well-written, genuine, and sincere. A lot of you are right there with me, or were at some point, and totally related. A lot of you kindly and eloquently told me to get off my high horse and quit acting like a spoiled child. All of you told me to appreciate what I've got and above all, do this for fun and do it for me. A few of you started following after reading my rant, and I thank you. It means a lot to know that for whatever reason, my post resonated enough to make you want to come back. To those who had something to say to me anyway, I thank you as well, for your perspective and enlightenment. And, to you all who were with me before all this, I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you more. You've consistently made my day and whether or not you comment, I'm grateful you're here. Thank you all for caring about me and my slowly improving swatches, and non-proofread writing, and occasional cat pictures. I've got some of the best readers in the world. I love you guys. <3 <3 <3
In the meantime, I've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award again, by Kelly at Ooh La La Polish and Steve at Lacquer Man. Thank you mucho, Kelly and Steve! :) :)
The rules are as follows.
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Thank the bloggers who have nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
My nominees are
Victoria at Manicurator
Kimmie at Nailed for Justice
Xun-Lin and Magdalene at Legally Nailed
Rebecca at Polished Peripherals
Terra at Swatch It Up!
Nubbin Nails at Nubbin Nails
Julie at Tales of Knit and Nails
Hillary at Chipped
Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges
Corners of Today at Nail Polish Required
Amiablerain at Nails and Beauty
Gosia at Life in Color!
Emma at Globe & Nail
Alyssa at Polish Junkie Ninja
Go give these awesome ladies some love. :)
And, seven random facts....
1. I've been a vegetarian for a little over 10 years. I tried to go vegan but I couldn't give up my cheese or my leather boots.
2. I have to brush my teeth with sensitive toothpaste.
3. I enjoyed reading The Iliad and Moby Dick in high school.
4. Rose Petal dolls were my favorite toys as a kid, and for one of our anniversaries, C bought me the entire collection of six, still new in their boxes. <3
5. My first mosh was during a Slayer concert.
6. With our new home came a fairly sizeable (like 16 plants) rose garden that I'm learning to keep up with.
7. I enjoy American Civil War history, especially concerning the specs of the battles.
And, there you have it!
Thanks for reading, thanks for your care and support, and thanks for you all being you. xo :} Have yourselves an amazing day.