Sunday, June 17, 2012

Zoya Zuza

 Good morning!!  I could not wait for Zoya's Surf collection to hit the stores, and I pretty much stalked my Ulta for nearly a month before they got the polishes in.  I went in the afternoon on the day they were supposed to arrive and the staff hadn't even out them on the floor yet, so I got to open the stock boxes and get everything I wanted.  When I opened the Zuza box, I actually gasped a little.  This one seemed to be everyone's early favorite, because it looked awesome swatched in photos, but the color I pulled from the stock box was the most amazing shimmery caribbean blue-green, like, ever. 



Two coats.  Zuza is pure gorgeous, on tips or toes.  I've noticed the Surf polishes are a little thick, as Zoyas go, and as an observation, all four of the Surfs I own have a small, thin circle of dried paint right above the rim (where you wipe excess polish off the brush, right?), on account of the thickness and how quickly they dry. 
A couple weeks ago I wore Sally Hansen Nail Prisms South Sea Pearl over a white base, and it was so realistically pearlesque that I thought it would be a really pretty pedicure to Zuza as a mani.


Get it?  South Sea Pearl plus caribbean blue Zuza?  This might be the sloppiest looking pedi I've done in a while.  Nothing but the best for this blog! lol.  I realize the pearly shimmer is hardly noticeable here, but it is pretty.  Trust me. :D  (I love it when bloggers write "Trust me.")

Anyway, have a lovely Sunday.  It's Father's Day in the US, so if you have a mind to, take some time to love on and appreciate the good men in your life today. :)  Thanks for reading! :)

12 comments:

  1. super pretty! looks really good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Zuza too and I love it! If you have thinner just use a few drops and it fixes that thicknesses right up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great idea! I hope that'll help with chipping, too, because these chip more quickly on me than other Zoyas (and I figure it's because of the thickness). I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. I got Zuza not too long ago but I haven't tried it yet!! I will have to put it on soon, it does look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! Do it now! lol. I can't wait to see how you wear it. :)

      Delete
  4. I really love the color of Zuza but I couldn't stand the thickness and clean-up. Those shimmery polishes are so tricky to clean-up, even with pure acetone! So, I ended up getting rid of the polish :( Boy, is it pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they're a total pain, especially this one; shimmer, like, all down your fingers. They're still totally worth it to me, and Zuza is so great and less hassle as a pedi.

      Delete
  5. Love Zuza! It looks fabulous on you! I found, with my bottle, that it wasn't thick so much as it just dried super fast, so if I went over the same area twice, it got clumpy (as if the polish was thick). :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yun! :) I was thinking that it's almost a one coater. I think I'll treat it as such next time.

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I love how summery it looks, just like tropical water. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! :) I agree that it looks like tropical water.

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...