Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sally Hansen Gem Crush Razzle Dazzler-- BCA Pink Wednesday Week 2

Good morning!!  It's another Wednesday, and time for another Breast Cancer Awareness pink manicure.  Andrea at Finger Painting Fingers organized this fantastic event for nail gals the world over to come together and raise awareness about this disease that affects us all.  Before I get on to the polish I'd like to post a link to a great site that lays out the risk factors, including some interesting gene mutation stuff.  Take a couple minutes to further educate yourselves.  Here's Breast Cancer Risk Factors from cancer.org, the American Cancer Society's site.

This Wednesday's pink is Razzle Dazzler, one of eight full coverage glitters from Sally Hansen's specialty collection this spring, Gem Crush.




Razzle Dazzler is packed with tiny rose pink glitters and bigger silver hex glitters suspended in a clear base.  If you've been reading for a while, you may or may not have noticed a general absence of glittery polishes around these parts.  If my reaction to Razzle Dazzler is any indication, it's a glitter for gals who don't love glitter.  I LOVE this one.  It's sparkly and flashy and dressed up, not in a playful way, but in a highly glamorous, over the top way.  Think Las Vegas, or better yet, Richard Gere singing "Give 'em the old razzle dazzle" in the musical Chicago. (That might have influenced the purchase of this polish, lol...)

I used two coats of polish and two coats of Out The Door topcoat, and I now know what is meant when someone calls a polish a 'topcoat eater."  This is still a little on the bumpy side, but not to the point of distraction.  Also, I decided to bump up the sizes again for this post only, lol, because this polish deserves a closer look. ;)  Thanks for reading. :)

34 comments:

  1. Oh I love This polish the glitters are really Gorgeous!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? They kind of walk the line between flashy and delicate.

      Delete
  2. Oh Liesl... I don't like glitter bombs so now I must have it!!! Great... First you make me buy RBL and now Sally Hansen glitters!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, that's half the point! ;) And we're even... You and your Finger Paints... ;)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I've been looking at these at the store, good to know they have such great coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all look to be this dense, too. This one's definitely worth it.

      Delete
  4. Such a fun and pretty polish. Glitters like WHOA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I didn't get a chance to pick up any of the Gem Crush polishes, but I might have to - they always look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, you should! They're even better irl...of course. :)

      Delete
  6. ...and she busts out the glitter! Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yep! I've kind of been excited to wear this one. ;)

      Delete
  7. Ooh, pretty!! I have a couple of these polishes, they are top coat eaters for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nom nom nom. Pretty much worth it, though.

      Delete
  8. What a glamorous looking polish! Love how glittery it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE BIG PICTURES!! Lol. I also love this glitter. I can't believe mine is untried. Must fix that soon. It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I can't believe I waited so long to buy it, lol. And yes, you simply MUST wear this asap. ;)

      Delete
  10. You know what's funny, I saw these at the CVS and they were all settled..didn't look pretty in the bottle. I love how saturated the glitter is and I'm still loving your short nails Liesl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweets :) Settled in the bottle is bad, lol. This is definitely much nicer on.

      Delete
  11. Uh oh, I hope you used the peel off base coat method for this one! haha. I love this polish though! It's seriously gorgeous - I should probably give the this collection a second glance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew taking it off would be a pain, but I used my regular basecoat...the stuff popped right off, anyway, lol.

      Delete
  12. This is such a beautiful pink glitter!! It looks great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mani couldn't be any more feminine and cute!

    By the way, I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations!
    Please see for yourself here!
    http://addictedtoopi-yum.blogspot.com/2012/10/better-know-versatile-blogger-award-time.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) And thanks for thinking of me. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh, I need to get my hands on this polish...it´s so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...