Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Revlon Royal

Hello hello!!  My notd is the lovely blue jelly that is Revlon Royal.  I got this right around the time Rescue Beauty Lounge's IKB:2012 sold out for good, and while nothing can compete with the energy behind that kind of collaboration, let's face it, a pretty color is a pretty color.  Lots of gals said Royal is the superior shade and formula, so I decided to go for it.  




The color is gorgeous.  And the formula's not bad, either.  The brush is really big and moppy, which concerned me until I actually applied the polish.  Everything stayed put nicely, and while with two coats, my nail line is visible in the photos, it is not in real life.  This one does stain and is messy to clean up.  I should know, it took me four tries to get these photos right....
I'm not wearing topcoat in these photos.  Insanity is what, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?  I'd been using my standard Out the Door topcoat and every photo showed all these terrible brushstrokes.  I wanted to show you all a closeup, but apparently I deleted everything but the last batch in a fit of despair, lol.  That's never happened before, which leads me to believe that maybe this polish is best worn minus topcoat.  Anyone else have an experience with this?
Bottom line, Royal is a rich and striking color and I totally see what all the hype was about.

Tomorrow is US Thanksgiving and I'll be hanging out at home making tasty food and waiting for C to walk through the door so our festivities can commence, lol.  You'll find me at Ulta at midnight. ;) You all have a safe and happy day.  Thanks for reading. <3

17 comments:

  1. OMG, I just saw a blog post with a jelly sandwich using this so I told myself I should pick it up next time I am at Target. It's so funny that now you are wearing it. I have also seen people use it under Fantasy Fire. It looks so pretty - I can't wait to try it - especially as a jelly sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You already know this... I went and shlapped a coat of FF over it before I went into work ;)

      Delete
    2. Btw, I'm returning your email now <3

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous color! So rich and totally BLUE, you know? :-) It does look like the sort of color that would stain horribly though.
    Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's just so vibrant and, yeah, full of color. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Yun <3

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about this one, I need to pick it up! It's so bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, it's so worth it, even with the trouble it gives. maybe that's just the nature of super saturated jellies.

      Delete
  4. Ughhhhh... this polish is so gorgeous! I am so jealous of your pictures-- they look awesome. I love this polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Cat! It only took me four tries, lol <3 I love it, too, more than I expected.

      Delete
  5. Classic great shade - but the bottle I have the formula is horrible on - it's so watery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard this one turns pretty fast... good thing it isn't htf of super spendy. I googled it and saw two different posts on Let Them Have Polish-- one was decrying it because the pigment had settled to the bottom, and one was praising it because she got a new bottle and it's gorgeous, lol.

      Delete
  6. I'm actually going to marry Revlon Royal... like I am dead serious. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolol, it might be a tumultuous relationship. It sucks you in with its gorgeousness, tee hee ;)

      Delete
  7. I keep passing up Revlon Royal (I'm not crazy about jellies too much - I know, the horror)! LOL But it looks so pretty in all of the pics I've seen of it. You have the nicest nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not crazy about jellies?! Well, I never. ;) I'm not the world's biggest glitter fan, but they sure are fun to look at, so I getcha :). And thank you for the lovely compliment!

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...