Thursday, July 18, 2013

L'Oreal Rosy Macaron

You may have noticed that L'Oreal debuted their midsummer collection a few weeks ago, Made For Me Pinks, pink lipsticks, glosses, and nail polish ranging from pale ballet pink to bright magenta.  This polish line spoke to my classic-loving heart more than the summer jellies but they didn't feel very unique, except for one.  This is Rosy Macaron.



 First off, I have to give L'Oreal props for getting their cookie right this time.  A polish in this spring's Versailles Romance collection was named Macaroon Me Madly, and, as was pointed out here by Pushing Polish, a macaroon and a macaron are decidedly different, and only one is French.
Rosy Macaron is a vibrant ever-so-slightly salmon leaning rosy pink with a silver shimmer laced through it that translates as pearly on the fingertips.  The color is gorgeous and makes me feel to very timelessly chic and-- dare I say it-- French, like I should be sipping coffee and nibbling pastries, wearing sky high heels and all black at some cozy little pâtisserie.  The lovely feeling and imagery this polish conjures up for me truly makes the not so great formula worth the trouble.  I used three coats for full opacity, and, like most L'Oreal polishes, this does need it.  It's a little brushstrokey but it is self-leveling; it's thick and tends to pool.  The brush, which I'm usually very fond of in L'Oreal colors, was oddly cut on the bias.  I don't know if I got lucky and grabbed a wonky one or if this is how they're doing things now... either way, I don't like it.



... but like I said, I adore this color.
The L'Oreal Made For Me Pinks polish collection is available wherever L'Oreal products are sold for $5.99.  I got mine at Fred Meyer.

One more thing, because it made me happy-- when I have early shifts, aka banking hours, I like to go run the bleachers at the local high school when I get off work.  Yesterday, there was some sort of parent meeting on said bleachers so I had to adjust my course a little bit.  There were also a lot of kids around, and at some point, a group of three little girls decided what I was doing looked like a lot of fun, so they ran bleachers with me for a while :) Cool, no?

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day! ♥

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! I like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too :) I'm so hoping pearl finishes catch on again.

      Delete
  2. Liesl this one is stunning on you and even though the polish was troublesome, it looks totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani :) I think it's totally worth it.

      Delete
  3. These rosy pinks look so good on you. It's weird about the wonky brush, but you'd never know you had trouble with it. And I totally get the La Belle Dame mental picture you described...only in my vision, I added beret on you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, sweets :) It's just not quite as neat as I'd like, but c'est la vie :) And I'll totally take the beret, though I think I'm more of a deerstalker type of gal.

      Delete
  4. Salut ma biche - oh yes, I see you in a Patisserie in Paris - Loubuotins on your feet and Rosy Macaron on your nails and one hell of a great black little dress and that beret Melissa added - mon dieu, it would suit you so well!!! And I love what you did to that IG icon - it looks so so cool with that slide show :-D!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, to own some Louboutins.... Maybe someday ;) I'm all ready to move to France, now, lol :)
      I'm glad you like my little slide show! I first saw it on Peace, Love, and Polish and I thought it was the cutest thing.

      Delete
  5. Haha, that sounds cute that they ran with you! This is a really gorgeous color, I will keep my eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It totally made me smile, and think how rewarding my evening runs are on so many levels. And I'd love to see Rosy Macaron on you!! :)

      Delete
  6. OH I love this! I may have to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you do! Like I said, slight pain in the neck formula but so pretty on the nails :)

      Delete
  7. I love it! Blues are slowly taking over my stash, so I could use some more pinks. You NEVER would've known that you had trouble with the formula and brush! Just flawless, Liesl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet :) Blues seem to be takng over my stash, too, but every time I wear a pink, I feel so chic, lol, and I love looking at my nails.

      Delete
  8. beautiful shade...I so want this! Lovely swatches Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pearl for a Pearl :) I bet you've never heard that one before ;)

      Delete
  9. Great colour on you...perfect swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! This is gorgeous!! I'm usually not a huge fan of finishes like it has, but the color is so so pretty that it's okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm a fan of pearly, anyway, but there's something special about this one.

      Delete
  11. Oooh... I just lovely the pearly finish! So pretty! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? :) I'm liking these newer pearls a lot, they're more shimmer and less frost, if that makes sense.

      Delete
  12. I hardly have any Loreal polish.. I need to fix that. This is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like L'Oreals a lot! Not all of them are unique but there are some definite standouts in their collections.

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...