Sunday, December 22, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Nails!! Day 9-- Butter London British Racing Green

Good morning and Happy Sunday!!  This is it, folks, I'm throwing in the towel.  I've gotten myself to Day 9 and honestly, that pleases me enough, considering I hadn't a plan past Day 6 when I started. 

So I was destashing yesterday and I came across my first Butter London polish, British Racing Green.  This is an actual thing, this shade.  Per Wikipedia, it "takes its name from the green international motor racing colour of the United Kingdom."  Indeed, I can see this being a smashing (lololol XD) car color.  I know this polish was something of a darling of this bourgeoning community when it was released (2010, I want to say?).  I bought it in 2011, when all I was painting were my toesies.  It's always been very much a Christmas color to me, though, and I somehow let it get lost amongst so many new finds.  Destashing is good for a number of things.

Butter London British Racing Green swatch and review


Butter London British Racing Green swatch and review

Shimmers can be both practical and ornamental, as they somehow seem to help certain creme based colors apply a little easier.  Such is the case in British Racing Green.  I know I sing the praises of Butter's formula as far as recent releases are concerned but this classic gem also has an impeccable formula.  In the bottle, blue and fuschia shimmers are apparent in a hunter green creme base.   On the nail, silvery green shimmers are just a touch above subtly visible.  It's a lovely and universally flattering shade-- usually, greens with this much blue tint bring out all the red in my skin but hunter shades contain enough yellow to balance out any redness.  I used two easy coats of color and one layer of topcoat.

Butter London British Racing Green swatch and review
 
So, guys and gals, I leave you with a Merry Christmas since holiday festivities are about to kick into high gear around here.  Be safe, don't stress, love, and be loved.  See you on the flip side ♥♥

Love, Liesl

23 comments:

  1. I love that this pulls blue! I think it keeps it from being too Christmassy so you can where it whenever. I am such a sucker for blues and greens so it was only a matter of time before I fell for this one ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few folks say that about this being a more versatile green. I somehow got it into my head that it's a Christmas shade, though, and I can't get it out, lol. Most greens I can do all year around, but not this one, lol. And, I'm not surprised you like it too ♥

      Delete
  2. I never even knew this had shimmer. It looks really, really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty shade... and love the subtle shimmer in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! I appreciate that it's actually visible, and without putting your eyeball right to it, lool.

      Delete
  4. I love this polish, maybe because this has the same color as the car that was my big lemming and now is mine. A MG in the color British Racing Green :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your post about that car! This is indeed a special color for you :)

      Delete
  5. Pretty. I have always thought you would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥♥ I tried to post about it last year but my pictures were terrible, lol. I think that was when I decided I needed a lightbox. Or the ottlite. One of those.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous!! I love this color to pieces! Merry Christmas and lots of love being sent your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and right back atcha, Margo <3

      Delete
  7. Oh wow that's such a gorgeous shade! I really need to try some butter London polishes their shades are always so unique xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of them are :) Fab formulas, too-- you won't be disappointed!!

      Delete
  8. Lalalala this is my background for you singing BL's praise! No matter what, I cannot imagine a Season passing by without me getting at least ONE Butter ;-)! Ahhh British Racing Green is beautiful and indeed it exactly has the Green of the above mentionned MG, I remember also Mini Coopers in the sixties and seventies exactly sporting this green without the shimmer though. You did so well offering 9 options for Christmas Nails - plenty to choose from and so Liesl-esquish unexpected and a healthy dose of next to Common, as always beautiful pictures and great post sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor can I :) And you know what? I've been dreaming about those BL flakies you posted about. I sure hope they become available singly sometime soon.
      I'd drive a car this color! As nice as this is on, it almost seems more apropo as a car paint. Thank youuuu for your kind comments on my lil Christmas series :) I tell ya, it was fun thinking of layering duos but it also tapped me out, lol. It's why I swatch and don't create, lol.

      Delete
  9. This is lovely! I have this in my stash (well, actually I think my sister has it right now)... I need to wear this. If I ever have time again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe you definitely did better with posting than I did. I got really lazy this month, so I applaud how much you were able to get through. :) This green is fantastic and so festive! Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...