Monday, May 7, 2012

OPI My Pointe Exactly! and Inaugural Musical Monday



Tired of these yet?  Good, me, neither. :)
I picked up the OPI NYC Ballet mini set because I just wasn't sure how the grey and lilac shades would play out on my nails.  The grey one, My Pointe Exactly!, is really freakin' cool.  You've heard this and the white one, Don't Touch My Tutu, referred to as "corpse hands," and I suspected that if one didn't match your skin tone, the other would, and since I absolutely love Tutu, I figured Pointe would be very bad.  But, it's not!  It's completely different and unusual, and unique in this line because it does have a slight macabre feel to it, while maintaining its soft, fluffy, prettiness.




This is three coats, as I think these look their best.  Also, these are camera phone pictures, in case you couldn't tell...  The dslr has decided to malfunction and it looks like we'll be sending it away to have it repaired. Grr. 

I've been thinking about incorporating a feature of some sort, and it struck me last night as I was painting my nails and realized My Pointe Exactly! reminded me of a certain song.  I love music, and certain colors bring very strong musical associations, and the day of the week being what it is makes the alliteraton work.  So, I present Musical Monday, in which I post the song or piece my notd reminds me of.  So here is one of my favorite classical pieces, the chillingly delicate Danse Macabre, by Camille Saint-Saëns.


It's C's and my anniversary, too!  The day is gorgeous and I've already got one of his delicious breakfasts in my tummy, so I'm signing off. :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! It's not my best color, but it's so unusual and I love its slight discordance. :)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...