Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rainbow Favorites Day Five: China Glaze Frostbite + WetnWild Stars & Stripes

Good morning!!  Before this challenge started, I planned ahead and made a list of the colors I'd use, and I totally had not settled on a blue until sometime yesterday afternoon.  I almost did wear my favorite again, which is Rescue Beauty Lounge Cuprum, but in the end I decided to do a test run of my Independence Day mani.  Christina at Amoki's Corner used China Glaze Frostbite in her Memorial weekend pedi, and I thought it looked absolutely perfect with her handpainted stars and decided that's what I'd use for my nails come the 4th. 



Frostbite is a gorgeous, chilly cerulean blue frost that's actually waaaaay darker than it appears (is it my camera, or is it me? Hmmm....)  I haven't used a China Glaze polish in years, and I didn't remember what to expect; the formula here was a little thin, and the brush a little small for my liking, but it covered perfectly in two coats and did I mention the color is gorgeous?

  
Also, I love stars.  My bedroom ceiling at my parents' house is covered in those tiny glow-in-the-dark sticky ones.  When I saw WetnWild Stars & Stripes at the grocery store one evening, of course I had to pick it up.  They're tricky, and need to be fished out, but they're so cute!  And they're holographic!  I can't wait to add a shimmery red to the mix in another week. 

So, what lovely blues are my fellow participants sporting?


Tomorrow is purple day, and I seriously CAN'T WAIT!! :)  I'll be wearing what might be my Holy Grail.
Thank you for reading, and have an awesome day. :)

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is beautiful. Oh oh, who is getting into nail art??????? ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rofl. This is as complex as it gets around here. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have passed up Frostbite so many times but I have no idea why! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I've picked it up and put it down a few times, too, and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Liesl! This is also one of my husband's favorite blues that I wear. Out of curiosity, does your Frostbite have a super strong odor? Mine SMELLS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally just opened my bottle and took a whiff. Um, not too bad! But I've been smelling my big 3 Prisms lately, so maybe next to those Frostbite isn't terrible.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, pretty! A blue polish I don't own yet, which seems surprising :) Love your holo stars, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I love them, too. I kind of want to go plaster them on a bunch of stuff. ;)

      Delete
  5. Love Frostbite so much! It was one of my choices for today as well before I chose Sweet Peacock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Sara! Both are gorgie. I had the same camera issues you did. ;)

      Delete
  6. So I've been eyeing this one for a while now and finally decided to get it in my latest nail haul!! gorgeous blue.. and I love the name!! not that I would ever want to get frostbite on a mountain.. but the name makes me think of cold glaciers and makes me grin from ear to ear!! =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, real frostbite would be VERY BAD!!! But I bet it does make you smile from awesome mountain memories. ;) :)

      Delete
  7. I don't have this China Glaze.. it really is gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a striking blue! I actually received more compliments today than I ever have on any polish. :)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...