Monday, October 29, 2012

OPI Barre My Soul

Morning!!!  A few months ago I was totally obsessed with OPI's NYC Ballet collection, and sometime in June or July I completed my own collection with Barre My Soul, the nude-beige jelly of the bunch.




OPI Ballet, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways....
Barre My Soul is the subtlest of the bunch.  It's a slightly pink tinged pale, pale beige that just looks beautiful and natural.  Every color in this collection has a uniquely different feel to it, which I find fascinating in such light, sheer colors.  The cool thing is that all of these colors are now part of OPI's core Softshades line.  They so deserve it.
The formula on this is nice; a little thin, and expectedly very sheer.  That's the point, though.  Three coats gives the polish a beautifully milky, delicate appearance. 

Barre My Soul sat around in my untrieds for a silly amount of time, considering how much I dig this collection.  We went to a Halloween party this weekend, though, and I wore the delightfully ghastly My Pointe Exactly and remembered why these polishes are so awesome.

Taken with my phone, right before we left. 

Thanks or reading and have a lovely day!

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It would. I think this one's the most suited for Frenches out of the collection.

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I like the black border ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Barre My Soul on you! So pretty and soft! :-)
    I actually have this in my stash of untrieds! Ah, I must wear it soon!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You totally need to wear it, lol. It's nice and refreshing after all the Halloween stuff and holiday collections.

      Delete
  4. I love this! Your swatches of these polishes have been great-- I want them all! I even like My Pointe Exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat :) They're all pretty awesome. Someone in one of my facebook groups mentioned using Pointe in a Halloween glitter sandwich (it might have been Amoki/C, I don't remember) and I was all, "YESSS, it's the perfect occasion to wear it again!"

      Delete
  5. So pretty, it looks perfect next to your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon :) This pretty much seals the deal on this being my favorite collection of the year. <3

      Delete
  6. I wore this yesterday. The perfect palette cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly :) I felt like I kind of needed it, amidst all the brightly hued fall stuff. ;)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...