Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Essence A Piece of Forever + Butter London West End Wonderland

Hi everyone!  I hope your Christmas was a good one, and if you don't do that, I hope your December 25 was most spectacular. ;)  I wanted to show this mani before the day even hit, but life gets so incredibly busy.... I can't fathom how some of you found the time to do beautiful and intricate artwork when I could barely eke out a layering combo, lol.  Anyway, here's what I wore on my nails for Christmas day.  I really like it and I hope you do, too :)


I picked up Essence A Piece of Forever, part of their Breaking Dawn Part 2 collection, back before the movie came out (being a bit of a Twi-hard, myself) and realized that the faintly metallic butterscotch golden shimmer would make the perfect base for Butter London's West End Wonderland (which I happened to have picked up that same day).


 West End Wonderland is a dense twinkling gold glitter with a liberal sprinkling of red.  I like A Piece of Forever as a base for this because, since it's a little bit flat, it really highlights both the red and the gold glitters while adding its own warm, vibrant glow. 


A Piece of Forever is thick, with one of those tapered to fit your nail brushes.  It worked pretty well, because I have small nails, and is easily a one-coater.  It's a pretty unique shade, too, brighter, more goldenrod, and less metallic than other gold polishes.  I used one coat of West End Wonderland, too, and one layer of topcoat.

I kind of did a bad in posting about a great color that might not be that easy to find anymore (APOF) but certain drugstores and Ultas might still have the Essence Breaking Dawn collection on their shelves, yet, and possibly for a discount.  West End Wonderland is, of course, available where Butter London is sold and on the BL website.

Sooo, what was on your nailses this Christmas?  Did you get any cool new polishes or makeup this year?

22 comments:

  1. Ooooh this combination is simply stunning and I LOVE the pearls! So perfectly elegant - just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say, dear! I love the pearls, too... C did good. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love layering West End Wonderland over gold! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it?! I layered it over a champagne gold for a recent Christmas party and that, too, looked really nice.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful Liesl. My husband bought me two nail polishes for Christmas. ICING Lemme See your Peacock and Radio Superstar!

    Thanks for asking, I hope your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good husband! ;) I love the names on those things. My day was not without its drama, but for the most part, lovely.

      Delete
  4. Love the combo so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa I LOVE gold over gold and your combo is a stunner!!!! I got two polishes - the first one you saw, the second is Koh Rainforest and then I got a perfume as well. This is a wonderful post, I think these polishes look wonderful on you - and same here, I am awed at the intricate manicures I have seen, I ended up digging for a quick drying polish because I was left with no "nail-time" either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PERFUME!!! I LOVE fume. What did you get? And, thank you :) I went nekkid on Christmas Eve, but we had some downtime at C's parents' house before we went out to my family's dinner, so, voila, lol ;)

      Delete
    2. I got Kilian Sweet Redemption - sooo yummie, this is my second bottle. I am very faithful to my fumes :-)!!! What are your favorite scents? My second favorite perfume b.t.w. is Vanitas by Profumum Roma

      Delete
    3. You got a Kilian!!! *dies* I've never smelled any but I've heard and read that they're wonderful. How long have you worn your two faves? I'm faithful to mine, too. I've got a small handful I wear regularly and have for the last three years (since I really got back into fume). My #1 is Caron Tabac Blond, and I'm into my second bottle of that one. I also love Chanel No22, Mugler Alien, Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles, and Hermes Kelly Caleche (for summer). Love. I could talk about fumes for hours, lol. ;)

      Delete
  6. You should have told me you wanted West End Wonderland!! You need to post a wish list on your blog:) Now that my mom is reading my blog, she shopped off of my wish list for Christmas! I got Bikini So Teeny and OPI Mod About You and one other that I will be showing today hopefully...you'll love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :} I had to get it with the lippy, and they weren't selling the glittery lippies separately. That's awesome of your mom! I've thought about doing a wishlist, but I don't really feel like I need anything that's already been released. My wishlist would mainly consist of a few htf Nail Prisms. I gave C a wishlist because he kept getting on me to make one. For everyone else, I said This is my favorite brand, these are what I have none of, go to town, lol.

      Delete
  7. Love the pose with the jewelry.

    I used BL-WEW for my Christmas day mani. Interesting!
    Very sparkly and festive.
    Hope you had a fab christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, tee hee :) I love my new necklace :)
      WEW is such a perfect Christmas glitter, I almost can't fathom wearing it for anything else.

      Delete
  8. What a great combination! It looks so fun and festive! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? I feel like it was polish serendiity that I found both on the same day, lol. ;)

      Delete
  9. This is the perfect holiday, Christmas, NYE polish. I have been very into the flashy polish lately. This is a must have for sure. Thanks! Butter is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is perfect! And I've been real into flashy lately, too :) I'm enjoying this phase while it lasts, lol.

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...