Friday, February 27, 2015

Essie Cashmere Mattes-- Spun In Luxe

  I've not been overly excited about nail polish lately, and have found myself settling happily and comfortably into a rotation of neutrals, reds, berries, and greys.  One of the reasons Essie's Cashmere Matte collection caught my eye is because they are classic, sophisticated colors in a fun and edgy finish.  I'll admit that I initially had four of the set of six pegged as must-haves but when it came down to it, I chose the colors I knew I'd actually wear.  This one is Spun In Luxe.

Essie Cashmere Mattes-- Spun In Luxe swatch and review
Essie Cashmere Mattes-- Spun In Luxe

  Spun In Luxe is a black matte packed with midnight blue shimmer, highly visible in the bottle and subtle on the nail.  It's just kind of cool and despite its unforgiving nature (nail flaws are amplified with matte/satin finishes) and finicky formula (two coats, applied swiftly and carefully, will make this polish opaque and best give a level appearance), it's one that I've been reaching for lately.  I'll be honest-- the Zoya Matte Velvets are superior in just about every way, but deep blue and black together is just so geniusly rule breaking that I dare any of my fellow black polish lovers to resist Spun In Luxe.  Best worn over a ridge filling basecoat.  I use OPI Ridge Filler.

Essie Cashmere Mattes-- Spun In Luxe swatch and review
Essie Cashmere Mattes-- Spun In Luxe

  The Cashmere Mattes seem to be slowly trickling their way into brick and mortar stores.  I found mine at my local Ulta.  Check essie.com for prices and online availability.

  Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!! ♥♥

18 comments:

  1. It's really nice and I like that shimmer! Hmm yeah :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I love this one! Such a luxurious polish :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very unique, but I do wish the blue shimmer were more noticeable on the nails. Royal blue with a black base is a stunning combo though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a little more glassfleck-y, even? That would be gorgeous! It's more noticeable glossy but I don't like to topcoat stuff that's supposed to be matte, lolol.

      Delete
  4. my fave color is midnight blue, and this polish captures it beautifully! I haven't wanted an Essie in a while, but I want this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's finicky, but soooo pretty! Hard to resist, especially if it contains your favorite color ;)

      Delete
  5. The subtle shimmer in this is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this and have to check out cashmere mattes. Like you, I haven't been excited about polish lately either. There has been a bit of a glitter overkill IMO so I've been going in for neutrals - mostly San Tan-Tonio - and a couple of greys from the OPI Fifty Shades collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Yes, I'm not a glitter fiend, either. There are some lovely greys in the FIfty Shades collection. I really like the red, too.

      Delete
  7. I'm all about those Zoyas too! I'll keep an eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Royal and black is one of my favorite color combos, second only to ivory and black. :) This would have been the one I purchased, and then I would have had that horrible "blackened" luck I have with those types of polishes. It looks great on you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous and edgy! Love it on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...