Wednesday, July 11, 2012

L'Oreal Because You're Worth It

Hi!  So here's what I've been doing the last couple mornings.  I recently joined a coalition type blogger group based entirely on optimizing your blog.  One of the members posted an article on how to make your blog more attractive, and one of the tips was to get yourself a custom template that doesn't look like some cheesy '90s setup.  I got all self conscious about LLPT again and I decided to try and figure the whole custom /HTML thing out, to disastrous results....  If you visited between 7:45 and 8:15 yesterday morning, you got to see the biggest mess. :p  Today I tried downloading a couple themes I thought would go with my title, and both led me to THIS PAGE DOES NOT EXIST!!!!! sites.  Whateverrrrr!  I got bored and decided to paint my nails, lol.  In the meantime, maybe I don't take myself seriously enough for that group.  That's why I haven't put the group badge up yet, because I'm just not sure that's the direction I want to go.  

Anyway.

Here's L'Oreal Because You're Worth It.  Isn't she gorgeous?  I feel like I've got gilded nails.




I always associate that iconic phrase with Cybil Shepherd.  Why her?  I don't know.  I think she did some hair color ads in the '90s (speaking of).  Because You're Worth is is a gold metallic with tiny gold and holographic shimmer.  It's brushstrokey... but it's so luxe and summery that it's not something I mind terribly.  I used two coats and they dried nice and quickly.  
I read in Glamour or Allure that gold nails are really in this summer, but being the trendsetter I am, I bought mine before I read that... lol.  

Thanks for reading! :)  Signed, Stuck in the '90s, or early 2000s, or wherever my little black background came from. <3

18 comments:

  1. I've never tried any L'Oreal but I do love a good gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'Oreals are great! I don't get why they don't get more love. Oh well, that means more google traffic for meeee! lol. ;)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE gold polish. Like REALLY LOVE gold polish. It makes a huge statement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I'm really loving this on my nails. <3

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous gold! I love wearing gold nails (I've got OPI Just Spotted the Lizard on now). They're like bling for your fingers!
    I did a tutorial on banners/header images recently, that's definitely a good place to start! BUT I see nothing wrong with this blog! Keep it up girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to your article first thing! I was really excited to see it, and a banner looks like something I could actually pull off (baby steps, lol). But then I'd have to reconfigure my whole blog to fit it, and that's still more work than I want to put into it at this point. Anyhoo, thanks for the vote of confidence. :):)

      Delete
  4. LOL, you make me laugh. I am liking this background:) But if you aren't happy with it, keep playing:) There were times I was playing with all my stuff and I was wondering what people where thinking each time I hit "apply to blog". Hey - did you get my email? I sent it to your gmail...it was about that blogger group..... I love this polish. You obviously must be the one that made it popular:) ttyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee hee, before I even wore it!! I just sent you a reply. I forget I have that one. :}

      Delete
  5. Haha you're so crazy, I really like your background!! It's mine that looks like I ingested way too many 'shrooms or LSD! I don't personally wear anything by L'oreal since they test in animals but i do like the color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, I wish I didn't know that. :( L'Oréal's one of my favorite brands. :(
      I love your background and banner, it's so unique and vibrant. Like, it actually says something about you. These built-in backgrounds I've been messing with, like the current one, speak to me more than anything else I've come across, so one way or another, maybe mine does, too.

      Delete
  6. LOL, I remember those commercials!! Hilarious. And a very pretty color.

    Good luck with the blog design-- I really need to do the same with my blog as well. I'm liking the way it looks now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat :) Until and unless someone offers to fix me up with a sweet new page, or I decide to further educate myself, I'm going to stick with what I know, which is blogger's format.

      Delete
  7. That's so pretty! It's a very classy and fun color!
    No worries about the custom template thing hehe. I like your background just fine. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yun :) I really like this color, too... However, it chipped a little this morning as I was cutting my jeans. ???!??!!?

      Delete
  8. I'd love to learn about how to expand my blog! Is it a public group that I can join you in??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a closed group; I'll add you tonight after work or tomorrow morning! :)

      Delete
  9. PM me doll and I'll get you going ;) Loving the gold - it just looks GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...