Wednesday, November 27, 2013

L'Oreal Hidden Gems

Good morning, guys and gals!  So I admit I was, for the most part, underwhelmed by the L'Oreal Gold Dust texture collection, except for Diamond In The Rough.  Then I found myself back at the display, picking up and really examining the bottles.  I ended up taking home another, Hidden Gems, and I'm not sure how this one escaped me in the first place-- it's so much of what I love most in a dark polish.

Hidden Gems is a blackened teal shimmer, a shade for which I have a tremendous soft spot, with silver hex glitter strewn throughout.  In the bottle, a slight purple shift is visible, but because this dries to a matte finish, the shift doesn't translate onto the nail.  It doesn't matter-- this polish is cool enough without it.

L'Oreal Gold Dust collection Hidden Gems swatch and review



L'Oreal Gold Dust collection Hidden Gems swatch and review

Hidden Gems has a sort of Essie Belugaria-like appearance, mostly due to the set-in-stone effect of the silver hexes, and it is kind of avant garde in that way.  Think of it as Belugaria-light, with a lot more sparkle.  I feel like it's coming across as more textured in my pictures than it really is, and the true finish and deceptiveness of its photos are both reminiscent of Zoya Carter.  The jelly base of Hidden Gems means it dries more like a regular polish, so not as quickly as monochromatic, metallic finish texture polishes.  It's also a little sheer but two coats is still all I needed.
Like most texture polishes, the formula is easy to work with and requires little to no cleanup.

L'Oreal Gold Dust collection Hidden Gems swatch and review

L'Oreal Gold Dust collection Hidden Gems swatch and review

Hidden Gems and the rest of the L'Oreal Gold Dust collection are available for $6.99 each where L'Oreal products are sold.  I purchased mine at Fred Meyer.
So unless I get a bee in my bonnet and have to take this off tonight, this is what I'll be sporting for Thanksgiving :) This'll likely be my last post of the week, so Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow American guys and gals, and to all of you, thank you for reading my posts and sharing my leetle corner of the internet with me.  Wherever you are, enjoy your day tomorrow-- I'll be making double time and a half and then going out to play games with C and my parents and enjoying the start of a three-day weekend.

See you in December!! ♥


30 comments:

  1. LOVE this shade! Have a happy Thanksgiving! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets :) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

      Delete
  2. This is actually really pretty - I am going to take a look at them today when I go grocery shopping:) Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear if you picked any up! I hope your holiday is a good one ♥

      Delete
  3. This is a really cool shade, I would love to have this in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! It should be pretty easy to find at this point :)

      Delete
  4. I reeeeeally need to check these out!! I have a huge habit of overlooking drugstore polishes for some reason. I guess it's maybe because I love the creativity of the indie companies that I sometimes feel that the mainstreams lack? Hidden Gems is a STUNNA! It actually looks like the perfect base for a galaxy mani! I guess it's the deep color of the blackened blue that makes me think of a dark, winter's night sky. I would love to see this one with a top coat but I would be afraid of not liking it as much and having to redo it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like L'Oreal polishes in general, but they did step up their came with this collection. Working in such close proximity to the makeup section makes it hard to ignore the big brands. I walk past it on every break to see if there's anything new or anything I've missed, lol. Definitely a different flavor than indies, though. And I think you're right-- this would make a gorgeous galaxy mani!

      Delete
  5. wow this is beautifulllll! Wonder what it looks like w top coat on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karine! I've only tried once to topcoat a texture and I wasn't impressed... I'll have totes again with this one <3

      Delete
  6. Now, THIS ONE, I like! Keeping your fingers out of the asphalt/avocado peels I see ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic on you! I've seen a couple of reviews of this, and yours really shows the color off. ;) I love this whole collection...even...you know.:/ I wanted to purchase two pretty badly but remembered that I was at Rite Aid to get medicine after all. :P Enjoy that double time and a half and your Thanksgiving weekend with the family. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweets!! "That one".... I recently saw a swatch and it was gorgeous, fiery copper, pink, and gold... I might have to get over myself, lol. So did you end up sticking to your plan at Rite Aid or will you be gracing us with more gorgeous Gold Dust swatches? :)

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving, Liesl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Crystal :) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!!

      Delete
  10. Liesl, you are killing me!!! I MUST have this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DON'T DIE, GOSIA!! Hopefully a cf brand does something similar for you <3

      Delete
  11. The colour is gorgeous! And I bet it would look great with top coat, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try it! I topcoated one of the OPI Bond Girls and I wasn't fond of it but I also didn't have the patience to apply it until smooth. I bet this would be lovely all glossy.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful shade! I love it with this effect.
    I wish I could put my hands on this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely polish and I hope you do get your hands on one! <3

      Delete
  13. What a gorgeous texture! It's totally you, with all those teal shimmers! Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can't believe I passed it over in the first place! Our Thanksgiving day was really nice-- tasty food, games, and good spirits ♥

      Delete
  14. This is the first swatch I've seen of this, and I kind of, really, love it! It's so pretty - now I want this one too, gee thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolol, well, drugstore hauls are always fun :D So many of this collection are fab but this one's definitely a stand out. I hope you get it!

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...